The California SEL Alliance is a grassroots campaign aimed at influencing leaders in education and in state and local governments to rapidly implement and fund social-emotional learning (SEL) in every school in the state. Currently, only about 10% of state students have the good fortunate to be in schools that prioritize SEL.
Scroll down to the sign-up form to Join us in promoting effective social and emotional learning programs, policies, and practices in your community and in all schools and communities in California. When we act collectively, we can accomplish great things.
We are an all-volunteer group and membership is free! When you complete the form below to join the Alliance, we’ll keep you updated on the latest SEL news in California and nationally (about 1-3 emails per month). We’ll also invite you to join our volunteer efforts for the Committee Interests that you select.
Claim Your Spot
Educators…..Parents……Program Developers……Mental Health Pros……Businesses…..Nonprofit Leaders……Academics….. Grandparents…..Professionals…..Thinkers…..You Who Care
- Raising EQ improves grades and minimizes bullying, drugs, racism, suicides, and disruptive behaviors.
- Children have the opportunity to emerge as relationally brilliant, caring, healthy, and high achievers.
- U.S. workplaces are prioritizing EQ and social-emotional skills in hiring.
- Societal costs of crime, mental health, drugs, poverty, stress, and violence decline among individuals who have experienced effective SEL (across class, ethnicity, and race).
- Social and emotional learning that raises EQ is humanity’s only known potential society-wide tool that reduces many societal ills and personal conflict and misery.
No information that you provide will be given to any other party for commercial purposes or sold to any email list.
Membership Easy Guidelines
Our goal is to build a large network by making it easy to be a member. Here is the template:
- No membership fee.
- You and/or your organization are publicly listed as members.
- You can submit relevant news and event information to the Alliance for distribution to all members via our website and coming newsletter. It can be something relating to a general SEL development or some news or call issuing from your own organization. We will be sending out guidelines for this.
- You will receive email updates of important actions being undertaken, with invites to participate as you see fit. Examples would be an invitation to join a delegation to meet with an individual with decision-making power or influence in school districts, potential business supporters, or the state legislature. Or a call to participate or speak at an event. The Alliance has created a Speakers Bureau to garner speaking engagements and you can designate the types of events or opportunities at which you would like to speak
- Each committee of the Alliance is creating a goals and tasks agenda and will be announcing the task needs. We invite you to volunteer ONLY for whatever task calls to you and whatever time amount is easy for you. It could be an occasional hour a month or less or more. Or no time at all.
- You are welcome to join any committee at any time and participate in its formulations. The committees are: Events, Outreach/Recruitment/Speakers Bureau, Policy & Advocacy; Media & Promotion; Parent Engagement. Educators, Business Allies, Sports/Athletes, and Finance. In addition we seek to create committees in professional sectors.
Please complete all required fields below then click on the Subscribe button.